NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Home made Parallellogram Mount

Moonshane

Hi all

I made a rough and ready P mount for my bins from stuff I had lying about the shed plus one of my refractor weights and an old photo tripod. It works OK but is a little flimsy really. I'll make a better totally wooden one someday which will have a little more finesse. I thought the pics might help give someone some ideas. I am 6'3" so you can see it gives a decent high-low range.

post-17776-133877451013_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877451018_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877451024_thumb.jpg

post-17776-13387745103_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877451035_thumb.jpg

Hi Shane,

That's magic and I can see why you suggested that I convert my old tripod.

I was looking around a while back for a parallelogram set up but they all looked quite messy.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Nick

Hi Shane,

That's magic and I can see why you suggested that I convert my old tripod.

I was looking around a while back for a parallelogram set up but they all looked quite messy.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Nick

go for it mate. I was going to use my old CG-4 tripod but sold it with a 150 Celestron reflector to buy my 24mm Panoptic.

I am now going to make an all wooden tripod with thickish legs and using the centre piece from this Manfrotto - I'll get my father in law to turn some 3 or 4 x 2 to fit.

I just cannot get on with bins myself but this looks really interesting Shane.

How about making one of those bino chairs to go with it.

:D yeah!! and with a central 20' podium to raise me above the houses and trees! I can just imagine my wife's face. I think the project she'd suggest next after the chair would be a bed for the shed in the garden :)

Archived