Saturnian Image Problem

I have a Canon Powershot A480 camera, and a Celestron Nexstar 114 mm telescope. When I try to take images of saturn with my camera, they come out like this (attachment 1) 1 out of 75 times. I have 2 successful images, but deleted one on accident before transferring it from my computer. :D:)

Here is the only good one I have (attachment 2)

Correction, after looking through my images, I have two good images. The third was deleted.

Here is the OTHER good one, I call it better (attachment 3)

post-19709-133877450137_thumb.jpg

post-19709-133877450144_thumb.jpg

post-19709-13387745015_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...
It's a digital camera sadly so I can't manually change any exposure length or anything.

Yes you can. I have a similar camera. I have also checked the manual for your camera on the canon website. You have a long exposure mode which will allow you to take exposures between 1 second and 15 seconds long. The camera would need to be fixed onto the telescope so you don't get camera shake. You could also look at changing the ISO setting to a higher number.

Archived