skywatcher 130p with AZ Goto mount Alignment Problems :(

Hi All

I have bought myself a skywatcher 130p with AZ Goto mount and am having a few problems with the alignment.

I have set the lat,long, date(mm/dd/yyyy), timezone(+0.00) and daylight saving(yes) but whenever I try a 2 star alignment I get an error message of "RA < 45 " and alignment failed.

Anyone any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Much appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks for those suggestions guys, I'm sure I entered the coordinates and date correctly, I'm using the scope in mid wales near Machynlleth 3 47 w 52 26 N.

When I'm there again I'll bring the scope back home and give it a nother go using the Leicester coords. I took the lat and long from my satnav and road angel to make sure I got them correct.

Did see Jupiter though on saturday for the first time, what a superb sight :)

One thought is: With the 2 star alignment I believe that you tell the scope which 2 stars the alignmnet will be performed on.

Just wondering if you have chosen one by mistake that is below the horizon?

If you are pretty sure that the star you have chosen is the one up there then it is back to the entered time and location.

• 2 weeks later...

Use the up and down keys when it gives a star to move to. In mid wales if there are not to many mountains at 22:30 YOU WILL SEE Arcturus South of you and more or less directly over head, and Vega should be to the East of you for the second alignment. they are the 2 most bright stars here at the moment.

I'm in South wales (Crosskeys) so you should be getting the same view as me, except for the damn mountains.

Good luck

Archived