NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M57 second attempt

Keiran

Hi all,

Another night with lovely clear skies over Portsmouth! A big bright moon, and city lights really really annoying me :)

Anyways, this is my second attempt at the Ring Neb, 4x 30sec exposures on my DSLR, no darks, or flats.

I am really finding it hard to bring out the colour, I will probably have another go at processing, when I get the time. :D

This time i decided to stick the 2x barlow on....

Hope that you like....

post-19065-133877449389_thumb.jpg

If you can give me advice on how to clean this up, it will be appreciated

Thank you Keiran

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Heres another...

12x 30sec expo

post-19065-133877449396_thumb.jpg

It's quite a dim object, I would have thought you would need more than 30s to really start to bring it out. Are you taking these unguided?

Here is one at 5 min subs in a big newt: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/103858-ring-nebula-250px-1000d.html

I tried to find this in binos once, what a waste of time that was :)

So thats where I am going wrong, yeah It is unguided. I have been taking photos of this as it seems to be the easiest thing to see from my house, alot of light polution to the south and west, and struggle to see north so its alittle bit of eas and over head.

Thanks Keiran

Keiran, mount your dslr & 50 to 200mm lens on the HEQ and bang away on some wide fields to get your confidence up, you should easily manage 3 minutes and your results will look more pleasing..

The ring neb is to difficult unguided, its also a small target..

Guy...

I no that i may be jumpping the gun but i am really pleased with these images, im really impressed that in just 2 months i am imaging, and they may not be brilliant, but i love to keep looking at what i have seen...

but thanks for the advice..

Archived