NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

the moon 22-05-10

astropete

the moon 22-05-10 at 2145pm

astropete-albums-moon-picture5090-12745384691019-1.jpg

scope 127mm sky watcher, eyepiece 25mm, camera samsung nv4 8mp digital.

sorry but i have posted this pic in the lunar observation thread, could a mod please remove it from there, ta.

Wowsers! How do you take photos of the moon? I have a canon eos 400D and would love to take a pic of the moon. I tried to take a few with my camera phone last night and was surprised at how good it looked but i presume there is a way of connecting the camera properly or something?

with my kit i use a samsung nv4 8mp digital camera, which is held near the eyepiece via a digi mount, so the pics you see are afocal, not prime focus.

depending upon the camera you may use, you may go for a set up such as mine, or go for the dslr camera and T mount, the T mount replaces the cameras lens, and the barrel of the T mount fits into the scopes eyepiece draw tube, this is prime focus.

hi stuart, the e/p is just above the camera lens, and does not touch. after a shoot i use windows photo gallery to brighten, and redo the contrast, and after that i use the tint and colour controls within the photo gallery, then after that i use another editing studio which i then re orentate the picture and mirror the image, the last phase is to sharpen the image, then upload to flickr and other sites. i hardly use any other e/p (25mm) and to enlarge the image, i use the cameras in built zoom, as in pic two.

Archived