NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon May 20th at f 47.2!

Space Cowboy

Thursday night was the clearest sky since I've had the Philips cam so thought I would experiment with double stacked 2x barlow giving f47.2! Had a go at Saturn before moving to the moon which by now was quite low ( 11.30pm) I suspect some dew was forming on the scope also.

Probably would have been better sticking with single barlow as images are not as sharp. 4 lunar shots below.

space-cowboy-albums-moon-picture5085-moon-1-double-barlow.jpg

space-cowboy-albums-moon-picture5082-ccdcap0008-double-bar-moon.jpg

space-cowboy-albums-moon-picture5083-ccdcap0009-moon-double-bar.jpg

space-cowboy-albums-moon-picture5084-ccdcap0010-moon-double-bar.jpg

Mmm!. Good effort SC, but I agree with you that perhaps that f47 is a tad too high. Especially as being so low by that time, too much murk in the way. A nice Televue 2.5 Imagemate would be a good addition to your Webcam. That would give a nice f27 or thereabouts on the Mak127. Just a thought.

Ron.

Cheers Ron! I was going to say I probably need something better than the bog standard skywatcher barlows i'm using. I also had problems with drift as I'd not star aligned properly. Was just curios to see what results would come from the barlow stack. The Saturn images at this level were way too noisy.

Archived