Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thetford Star Party 8th - 10th October 2010 -Update

Hi All,

Just to confirm the dates of the (Thetford Star Party) TSP will be 9-10 Oct 2010

Prices are not ideal i was aiming for cheaper and i did today call around a few more sites for you but to no avail.

So to keep it simple as possble, the prices are as below.

£7.50 per night per person

£2.60 per child

£3.50 electrical hookup,

Plus if you are NOT a member of the caravan and camping thing, its an extra £7 a unit (pitch) per night

tourers are catered for too but best to call to ask about arrangements for this.

Dogs go free Awnings are also free.

Interested parties should contact the campsite directly on 01953 498455

I am doing it this way due to the complex pricing structure they have ( i wanted per unit pricing).

If you advise them you are interested in the Thetford Forest Star Party they should be aware of the dates.

If you could advise them too of who you are (username) and full name this will help me to gauge numbers.

Depending on how many comes, i'll see what else can be arranged for the weekend. I'd like to arrange a BBQ, workshops and some talks.

clearly i will need assistance here, but this is something we'll discuss once i know the numbers.

If people could please post a confirmation that they have booked in this thread (we can start another thread for general chat :-) that would be fantastic.

This will be a good system as i will get confirmation too from Thetford so if there is a problem with your booking i will be able to advise you to save later disapointment :-)

Thats all there is to report on it at the moment, i hope this format is ok with everyone.

to stress as well this is NOT an official SGL meet up but its not a private function either, all are welcome to attend :-)

To date, i think we have 14 people who have expressed an interest, we'll use this thread for confirmations.

I will also use this thread for updates.

Otherwise i look forward to seeing you all there. Any questions, please pm me :-)

SGL - please accept my apologies i do not wish to spam the SGL forum with threads on Thetford, but clearly there is a lot to organise here. I hope this is ok.

Many thanks All

Hi so is that £14.50 per night if you not a member for just a tent?

For one person

7.50 for the one person (2.60 if senior citizen)

3.50 extra if you want leccy

7.00 for their holiday club (this is just per night)

Children are £2.60

17.50 per night for one person. Like i said its a bit pricey, and hence why i've been looking for a cheaper venue (without much success)

If you join their caravan club (40 odd quid for the year) its just £10.50

So close, only 3 quid or so out.

That is a bit steep AT.

Kelling is only £12 per night including electric per pitch. Me, my wife and lad are staying for four night for only £48!

-----

28.10 per night - £112.14 for the equivalent stay.

How busy can they be in October - sounds like they've seen you coming! Thats a lot of money for that late in the year!

As said its for the want of a better venue.

I will keep looking, there is still time, meanwhile if anyone has any ideas i am listening.

Yes, its true Kelling does offer cheaper pitches, but lets be honest its a sell out event these days with many of the pitches over hanging with tree's.

I know there are decent fields there.

The only other thing is to try to add extra value for the money. Ok, its not cheap, but it will be a laugh i am sure we can arrange some talks and workshops to make it worth peoples while.

As said i agree its a bit steep, as said, i'll be going even if only to do some stargazing just with my family.

On a brighter note i am in talks with a local farmer, plus Steve Williams (of NVAS) are looking at some locations in Northants. so there is a plus side there.

I'll keep you informed on the latter.

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, we think we (Mrs Astrotiger) may have found a venue, not very far from Thetford, with better facilities and much more reasonable prices.

I have spoken to them and they are very keen. Of course i would like to go there before announcing it here.

Same dates so no changes. The prices should be on par with Kelling!

I hope to have more for you in a few days.

Keep you posted!

Archived