NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skymax 127 colours.

Hi folks :D

Looking at the Skymax 127 on an EQ3-2...

Some are blue OTA with a black mount.

Others are black OTA with a white mount.

Any differences other than the colour? I like the latter option better.

Thanks for putting up with my noob questions, I couldn't find anything already available here relating to this.

Thanks JeroKane,

Is there a specification/design difference between the old and new models, or did the folk at Skywatcher just fancy a colour change?

I think it's mostly color change as what I have read on forums.

But there are probably plenty of people here that (have) own(ed) both and can tell more about the difference, other than the color.

I have a red one :D the same animal as the synta but its just rebadged as Orion Apex (orion Telescopes & Binoculars).

Ive looked through a blue one side by side with mine and can tell no difference.

Although I did notice the FL stated on the sticker differed between models by a few mm but I dont think it was actually the case as all seemed the same.

Philj

I think e.g. the black MAK180 now boasts "Schott" glass. Not sure about it's smaller brethren. The gold MAK150 PRO may have had (focal shift) teething troubles. I sense the MAK127 has been a pretty stable design for quite a while. But I too think the Black versions look cool... :D

Archived