NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any ideas for compacts??

RobRizla

Hi all i know that DSLR`s, or Webcams are great for capturing images but i have very limited budget. I like to go out and about with my scope and would like to capture some planetary and lunar images but need it to be lightwieght enough for the mount, and me.

I am currently using a AE compact mount with my partners Lumix FX30 but thought i could get a lumix TZ7 or Canon SX200.

I`m sorry but I can`t justify just having a dedicated astro camera and don`t have a laptop for webcam so.....any ideas???

Have a few images on my profile taken with current equipment, as you can see it could be better.(i hope) !!!

I have used Fuji cameras and enjoyed them but the more recent ones seem less suitable than the older types.

Some nice cannon ones as suggested above.

In general try to check the specs on the manufacturers web pages. You should look for complete manual control of exposure and focus if possible and it's worth looking for cameras which have longish exposure times, say 10 seconds or more as this really expands the possible targets.

Archived