Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using What I Have!

Keiran

Hi everyone,

All I seem to do is to keep teasing myself, I see all of these lovely DS imagers on the net, and TBH, I can not afford them.

I suppose I will have to face up to using what I have for the moment, until I can afford it.

Soon, I will have my scope on Goto, either on my EQ5, but hopefully a HEQ5.

Its about time I started to ask more about photography, I have used both my Sony DSLR and my NexImager. Not very impressed with the NexImager, but maybe that will change when I have synscan, stack more images.

I suppose I am wondering is, whats the best way to utilise the equipment I have?

I have heard alot of people talking about light, dark and bias, what are these? Will they affect me at the moment?

Is my neximager any good for anything? Black and white on saturn was okay but nothing special. Colour mode was useless. Is this where i would use filters, or is this not possible on the neximage?

What is the best way to capture DSO with what I have?

I have bought a 70mm meade frac', and I was going to use this as a guide, anybody know of the cheapest way to do this?

I have made my scope rings for it so that I can piggy back of the 200p. Will post pics when it is 100% completed.

I am also considering using this scope for white light solar, with some baadar film that I bought, but thats just a matter of putting on the film and taking it off.

It was suggested that I use a QHY6 for the guide, but this new is almost £300, and this is a better cam for imaging than I already have. Unless anybody know of one going really really cheap.

I think that is all for now but if i think of any more I will post them, thank you for your help....again...

Keiran

Archived