Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope & mount in Harmony :)

Skies cleared last night around 10:30 so put out a lean "set up" -battery pack, scope and H/set on the HEQ5Pro ( pier)

The whole point was to check out the Cape's collimation again, following on from reading some very extensive threads in which Jason Khadder ("Jason D") discusses how to collimate/improve collimation etc..FANTASTIC !

Anyhow, I used the H/set as I wasn't planning on doing any imaging and simply needed a star. Inputted the data on the V2 Synta H/set, opted for 1x Star align from home -Alkaid . Bloo%y He(( !!! a gnats hair away from the X-hairs !!

Then onto the main course- checking collimation

:) Bang on !!!! No tweaking (there's a first !!!). The only job was to then check the distance of the image plane, agh ;)

I'd inadvertently moved the primary up the tube a tad- However, with the primary collimation hex-socket screws replaced with "Karlo's Knobs", the whole process took just a minute or two in the dark !! FAB !!

Well that's was it what now ?? - so I went on "Tour" with Synscan. Never done that before I think and bearing in mind I'd only done a 1x Star alignment- What I was blown away by was the accuracy of the Synta mount, just astounding !! From one side of the pier to the other and then back again, Northwards- Southern views and always bang on !!!

The biggest thrill before I Parked up was to GOTO Bode's and the Cigar, and wow, there in the middle of the FOV there they were !

Well Done Synta- love this mount !!

Shame Saturn's dropped out of view tho :D Jupiter to look fwd to .

Sorry for rambling on but I went to bed with a smile instead of frustrations, trying to figure out where it all went wrong etc....

The whole point was to check out the Cape's collimation again, following on from reading some very extensive threads in which Jason Khadder ("Jason D") discusses how to collimate/improve collimation etc..FANTASTIC!

I was looking for threads pertaining to collimation and ran into this thread.

Thanks, Karlo :)

Glad to help

Jason

Archived