Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HERCULES - globular clusters

Lincoln

Great seeing tonight in Lincoln took my first look at Hercules - M13 was amazing with my little 150mm Dob, in the both the 10mm and 25mm EP.

Also dropped down and saw the M92 - again great view, very new to this but these two were the easiest I've found so far. It's got to be the conditions, or perhaps Im actually getting to find my way around :)

They are super globulars aren't they. Did you see what appeared to be chains of stars whirling out from the core of M13 with your 10mm EP?

Would definately recommend M3 and M5 too if you're on the look out for more globs :)

Yes I did DarkerSky, I was surprised at the size and level of detail :) Thanks for the info - I will take a look at the M5 and M3 as soon as it clears, was supposed to be mainly clear here in Lincoln, but is very overcast at the moment.

Archived