NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at a moon mosaic and a couple of close-ups.

SweetLeaf

Well, I haven't done that much astrophotography but tonight I decided to take a bunch of consecutive shots of the moon and then see if they turned out good enough to be turned into a mosaic, and I must say I am very happy with the outcome. I've only really tried a handful of photos before.

There is also a few close-ups I took tonight as well.

post-19309-133877445005_thumb.jpg

post-19309-133877445009_thumb.jpg

post-19309-133877445011_thumb.jpg

post-19309-133877445013_thumb.jpg

No love? Lol.

I've really been wanting to do a full mosaic using a x2 Barlow with the NexImage but the past few nights it has been too cloudy. :)

And it's raining right now, so probably no hope for tonight.

Ah well, hopefully tomorrow.

AztecastroMcJ, Celstron NexStar 114SLT with the NexImage for the mosaic and the same for the close-ups except with a 2x Barlow.

jgs001, I pretty much followed RegiStax- Bob Pilz article, straight from the Registax website. It got a bit confusing at times but I'm starting to learn my way in Registax a bit, lol.

GazOC, Thanks, and I don't mind at all, can definitely see more detail so thanks again!

Archived