NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

dealers for Celestron plossls?

Does anyone know A) what sort of celestron plossl this is? :wink: where i can buy others of the same series in the UK

I have a 32mm and a 15mm celestron plossl that i brought off ebay for about £10 each. I quite like the series as they have a metal body and actually give decent performance. I want to buy a couple more as place holders but can't seem to find a supplier.

It's a vanitiy i know but i'de like my set to match :tonofbricks:

The eyepiece in the first post in this thread is the one that comes with the Celestron ep kit. It is a dead ringer for mine. I have never seen these for sale individually. They are quite commonly available in the Buy and Sell as people like me who own the kit sell off the kit eps as they are replaced with higher quality ones. I am keeping the 32 as it is an excellent search ep. I recently sold one that I had acquired with my C6N. I have sold or traded all of mine except the 32 and the 4. I have the 4 up for sale. If you would like it, I'll send it to you for £10 incl postage.

These are fine eps. Celestron has changed the kit, but I would recommend these to anyone who wants a good working ep without breaking the bank. The Antares Super Plossls are very similar in quality and performance. I have a 6mm in this series, and it is very similar to the 6mm Celestron.

PM me if you would like the 4mm.

Does anyone know A) what sort of celestron plossl this is? :wink: where i can buy others of the same series in the UK

I have a 32mm and a 15mm celestron plossl that i brought off ebay for about £10 each. I quite like the series as they have a metal body and actually give decent performance. I want to buy a couple more as place holders but can't seem to find a supplier.

It's a vanitiy i know but i'de like my set to match :tonofbricks:

its the plossl from celestron's e/p kit. its as near as dammit the same as the Omni plossls with a different finish (the omnis have a nicer silver finish)

Um, yes, but Gordon wants the set to match. I thought myself that the Omnis were a little too high priced to be the same eps, but you probably know better than I. I did think they were more than OK.

Thanks for the heads up WH. I think the guy who i brought the 2 off from ebay from must be buying the kits and splitting them as he sells the empty cases and filters too. Makes sense i guess as he can sell the bits for more than the kits are perhaps.

Thanks for the offer on the 4mm but i already have a 4mm radian, i was really looking for a 7.5mm or close and the 20mm.

I know what you mean about the 32mm, i have that one too. It makes for a nice finder ep. I also have the 15mm which is a nice eyepiece.

Thanks for the confirmation Adam, i was coming to that conclusion. Personally i prefer the black anodised finish rather than the silver. I have the 6mm plossl and it's a nice eyepiece apart from the eye relief and small eye glass, but thats the nature of the design not a fault with the omni's.

I was hoping to find the 7.5 black anodised for what i paid for the 32mm and 7mm: £10. Too much to hope though hehe

Thanks for the heads up WH. I think the guy who i brought the 2 off from ebay from must be buying the kits and splitting them as he sells the empty cases and filters too. Makes sense i guess as he can sell the bits for more than the kits are perhaps.

Thanks for the offer on the 4mm but i already have a 4mm radian, i was really looking for a 7.5mm or close and the 20mm.

I know what you mean about the 32mm, i have that one too. It makes for a nice finder ep. I also have the 15mm which is a nice eyepiece.

The kit came with the 32, 15, 9, 6 and 4mm. I traded the 6mm on my 8mm X-Cel, as I already had a 6mm Plossl, and I sold the 9 immediately, and the 15 to a friend of mine at a star party. I picked up a 20mm EWA, and a couple used X-Cels. My ep kit is a work in progress. I'll post the 4mm on the buy and sell forum. Que diable!

Archived