Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Neximage RAW Mod

Good evening all, Ive just carried out the RAW firmware mod for my neximage ccd and was wondering if I will see a marked improvement on my images compared to those taken with the camera in a standard configuration. :D

Thanks

Brett

Brett, I did this on my SPC900 (basically the same cam) and I couldn't see any marked improvements, but that was probably just how I was using it. From memory, you are limited to 5fps with the RAW mod and I'm not sure the seeing was ever up to that, although it may have been my inability to get the most out of it that was causing me problems. I turned the raw mod off again. When I get it LX and Amp Off modded though I will be raw modding it again.

DP, have a look at astrobond.ebrawe.

Actually, depending on the codec you select, I don't recall now... the latest Registax can debayer and process the raw avi directly, without needing to run it through aviraw.

so all you need to do is run the macro with the tool provided, capture the data and process through registax.

Archived