NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

This Weekend I Shall Mostly Be...

Psychobilly

Friday...

Having a Pier Made for the EQ3 Pro...

Painting it...

And digging another hole in the front lawn...

Sat/Sun/Mon...

Intalling the pier....

Machining the EQ3 Pro Adaptor...

Trying to fix the Main Drive Motor on the Milling Machine...

And if/when thats done making the Ally version of last weekends project....

Took a trip to the local Metal Stock Holders and bought the materials

post-14969-133877444354_thumb.jpg

2 x 55mm long lengths of 4" Round Bar.. enough for two pier adaptors..

250 x 120 x 12 mm plate for the Guide lens mounts...

420 x 80 x 16mm plate for the bar... I don't fancy filing the dovetail into that one...

Just need to get all the allen bolts and the stainless steel studding sorted...

Peter...

A hole in the wallet comes to mind....

Ebay type prices without the Postage which is often more than the Material cost and 2 mins from the office...

I have just priced a new motor for the Milling Machine... :D

I guess if its anything more than we can repair ourselves (the OM spent 30 years in a motor repair/rewinding shop) then its going to be more cost effective to put a new one in than repair it...

Peter...

I 've bought Ally flat bar a few times off ebay. It's fairly priced, but the flippin postage is a crippler. Of course that applies to most stuff you get from there.

I couldn't possibly boost the profit on something I'm selling by hiking up the postage. It's criminal.

Ron.

To be honest for stuff like this i think the Post offices postal rates have a fair bit to do with it...

It cost me over £5 to send a 90g packet to soemone before SGL5...

Although saying that the post office were half the price of Parcel force when i shipped a 1.7kg "packet" overseas yesterday...

I went out to buy the studding earlier and asked for it in stainless.. had a fit when he priced it up 90p each for 10mm A2 Stainless nylocks... Instead I got 1m of studding 16 nylocks and 16 washers for £6 in BZP...

Off to the get pier parts laser cut and welded on Friday...

Peter...

Thankfully I have a good metal stockist nearby who lets the public root through the off cuts bin, you can get all sorts of interesting stuff for a good price.

I also have an industrial fastener stockists who flog all sorts of screws nuts bolts studs in even the most exotic materials and sizes at trade rates, I got 10 50mm 1/4" 20TPI set screws (I wanted brass but that was just too exotic so ended up with ss) 10 ss m6 cap head, 10 m4 cap head for just over 3 quid the lot.

I "found" the new Stock holder yesterday and he was just around the corner from the Industrial supplies/fastners company...

He keeps a nice selection of offcuts all sorted on shelves - catering for the Model Engineering fraternity.. He didnt charge for cutting either - took seconds on their saw I would have been there for a while on my bandsaw...

New motor might be the way to go for the miller can get a brand new one for £100... cant see me gettign a rebuild for anywhere close to that .. so a quick check through the Motor and Starter wiring first and then its time to spend again :D

I'm just glad the Static Convertor is ok as that was an expensive bit of kit...

Peter...

Archived