Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Plato to Hadley mosaic - 22/04/10

Leedsgreen

Dear All,

Attached is mosaic from last week. Unfortunately I was unable to cover all the area I wanted to before the clouds rolled in! The final image is a composite of 7, each around 400-500 frames stacked in Avistack (with 60% pass rate). I have had to use some jpeg compression to get it uploaded so not 100% size.

Any tips on how to present mosaics much appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

Nick

post-16684-133877444232_thumb.jpg

hey Nick nice Mosaic,

tips ?

for Mosaic's that are longer vertical than horizontally

i think they are better shown so that width is bigger than vertical

so i would possible rotate this 90degrees to left

(i like to show Moon Mosaic's correctly orientated when possible although i don't think it's as important with smaller Lunar Mosaic's)

altho saying that my last 2 frame Moon Mosaic i did opposite

maybe try rotation and see what u think ?

(it should allow larger image size to be used also)

i have on occassion cropped some of Mosaic edges aswell just to make edges straighter

hope this helps or maybe gives u some other ideas

James

Thanks for the encouragement everyone and also James for his tips. Much appreciated and something else for me to try out (now that it has started to rain)!

What is interesting, is that by keeping the edges as they are, it is possible to notice the rotation of the moon as the evening wore on. I started imaging in the 'south' and moved 'north' (which is reflected in the angle of the AVIs)!

Thanks again,

Nick

Archived