Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red Dot Finder HELP!!!

Hi,

I have a skywatcher 130 and the red dot finder is brilliant however at christmas i brought my dad a celestron astromaster 130 scope which is basically the same a great scope but the finder on it itsnt that great does anyone know if you can replace the finder on it for something more like the skywatcher one.

Paul ;)

Hi its took a while to get to my dads and check out the scope, its permanently mounted to the scope as astro_baby pointed out.

Is there a finder that could mount onto the rings around the scope where the screws extend and then have the eye peice on the opporsite side to avoid the original finder??

Thanks

Hi its took a while to get to my dads and check out the scope, its permanently mounted to the scope as astro_baby pointed out.

Is there a finder that could mount onto the rings around the scope where the screws extend and then have the eye peice on the opporsite side to avoid the original finder??

Thanks

The Rigel Quikfinder mounts using a small footprint base and sticky (very sticky !) pads. It's a great finder as well - better than most RDF's IMHO:

Finders - Rigel QuikFinder Compact Reflex Sight

Hi,

If you buy a Red dot finder with a separate base plate you can easily use double sided tape to attach the base to the OTA and your finder can be easily be removed for storage.

SnS have a good selection for perusal purposes with various holders.

Finder scopes - Acquire your target with ease

The celestron RDF comes with two bases for large or small scopes and the RDF just screws on and off which ever base you have stuck to the OTA. The tape is strong enough and easily removed if you need to latere with some lighter fluid.

I moved my Quikfinder a couple of times on 6se, it's base was attached with DST and it never left a mark.

Cheers everyone will check out all these links. i never thought of double sided tape lol :p

my dad was saying the problem he finds with it is there are two black rings you have to line up so you know your looking through it straight but you cant see black rings in the dark!

this should sort it all out. Thanks again!

:D

Archived