Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kokusai Kohki info required

Orthoscopic eyepieces supplied by the likes of University Optics, Circle T, Telescope House etc are they just rebranded makes by Kokusai Kohki of Japan.

Found this website Kokusai Kohki goods and they pretty identical except for the suppliers logo on the barrel.

What do guys think?

Mick,

I'm pretty sure that KK are the source of the UO and TH Ortho's and probably a number of other brands as well. What I don't know of course is the precise specification that the comissioning companies agree with KK in terms of lens coatings, lens edge blackening etc which do make a difference in eyepiece performance.

I seem to recall KK saying somewhere on their web site (possibly an older version of it) thay they would custom engrave eyepieces where the order was for more than a few dozen units - so we could have SGL or FLO Orthos ;)

The "flat top" Ortho's like the Baader Genuine Ortho's, UO HD Ortho's and Antares HD flat top ortho's seem come from another Japanese source - my theory is that it's the Masuyama company who produced their own range of highliy regarded eyepieces in the 1980's and were rumoured to be the source of the Celestron Ultima's and Orion (US) Ultrascopics.

Archived