NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

YAY First Clear skies !

The weather report was hinting for clear skys at 22:00, but it was still cloudy, half an hour later it was clearing nice, and with a shower a few hours ago the air was nice and fresh.

I have been itching to get this scope out and have a play and OH I was not disapointed, (Auto Align failed.. this i was escpect RTM me thinks).

Straight on to the moon, with my 25mm the moon filled the eyepiece perfectly, really crisp image, time to try the Camera on it.

i took a few and after some tweaking on the exposure this was the best out of 19.

http://www.the-bitz-store.co.uk/Moon260410.JPG

I have shifted the midtones, to please the eye.

Next Up to Saturn, very crisp, the rings showing edge on. and I belive two moons visable, although looking at Stellarium maybe not as the positions dont match.

Over to Mars, not much to report other than a bright dot with this magnification, at first I was unsure that it was Mars but the position was right, So im guessing I just need to up the magnification.

Im really Happy with the first night.;)

But now I want to get the Moon photography cracked, as Im certain I can get much better than this one.

Same for me too mate , it was great seeing saturn , and mars was nothing but a small dot at the moment , just because of time of year i think but I think a few shots of the moon will be great for my next clear night. ;) The hobby has taken over now! lol

I had my scope out on Friday from mid afternoon till 22.45hrs. Started out viewing moon in daylight. The sun was catching the rim of a crater just on the dark side and made it appear to be floating free of the rest of the moon. Then in the evening, just after sundown I had a really good view of Saturn at just about the time it lit up and while the sky was still not dark. I could clearly see the rings passing in front of the planet at about 190x mag. Once it got completey dark this was difficult to see due to the brilliance of the planet against the black sky.

Once you get that scope out the time flies.

Time I got some shuteye,

Mark

Mars gets close to us every 2 and a half years or so. We just passed it in January, now it's going to be a long wait, I'm afraid.

Still, Jupiter will be up there at decent hours in August.

Archived