Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M106 with Reducer

Darth Takahashi

I'm really pleased with this image since I achieved three items to achieve it.

1. I have successfully modded my ccd/filter wheel adapter so that my telescope can come to focus with the reducer in place. Effective focal ratio 5.76 instead of 7.7.

2. I found out why windows crashed of me at Lucksall during my imaging run. Power Management, It now sorted and by that I mean all turned OFF... Vista makes this quite difficult to do...

3. I have finally take some FLATS first thing this morning with everything still in place.

The image isn't fantastic but slowly but surely I'm getting there...At least I feel like I have now taken a few more steps in the right direction.

Now if only the weather would co-operate, last night was clear-ish!!! Seeing was good but the transparency was rubbish...too much water vapor up there!

Neil.

post-15658-133877443596_thumb.jpg

Looking good Neil. I hope you moded the adapter with something a little more subtle than the wooden mallet you and Martin used at Lucksall.

Steve..

Nothing wrong with that wooden mallet, it saved my bacon at Lucksall:rolleyes: !

But your right I did use something a bit more professional this time. I used my uncles lath back home in Warrington to take 18mm off the adapter! and to machine back the taper. Now the reducer comes to focus with approx 8-10mm to spare!;)

Neil.

Archived