NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Im the noob now !!

skywatcher250

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - its a lovely scope and will certainly show you some good views.

The two things that trip beginners up are polar alignment (simple enough) but iuf your stuck ask up.

The second is collimation. It should be fine when it arived but over time they can start to drift. Theres a collimation guide listed furthjer up this thread (which is mine ;) ) Usually after transport I check mine BUT you should only need to do the primary (the big mirror at the back end of the scope). DOnt mess with the secondary (the small one near the focuser) unless you absolutely have to (and never in a dark field) because secondary alignment is always a pig.

Mine is usually bumped about in the boot of a car and it usually stays fine in any event so dont worry too much about that.

Mel

Welcome to SGL.

Very good choice to a first scope!

Your scope arrives next wednesday? You can count with a several-day period of cloudy weather and eventually rain starting that same day:evil6:

(how long have you been doing the lunar 100 ?)

;) Yeah I was ok with number one too!! :)

I have completed a huge amount in just one session of about 2 hours. She is getting nice and large in the sky so lots of opportunities. (Must confess that the more obvious ones have been targeted first by me for purely 'list-ticking' satisfaction! :)The most satisfying so far for me were locating the Apollo landing sites. Uber cool.

So yeah with my little ETX 60 scope I am achieving a great deal.

Enjoy the 'tick buzz'! :(

Archived