EQ3 Counterweight rod missing ! Help !

So in eager anticipation of the arrival of my Nextar 6SE I decided to get my Skywatcher 120 refractor out of storage and give it a little side by side test when the Nexstar arrives (hopefully today) but I can't for the life of me find the steel rod which holds the counterweights :)

Is this a readily available spares item ? Couldn't find one listed anywhere ;)

The 120 OTA may not get much use at all with the arrival of the Nexstar but I was going to use the EQ3 mount for my 80 short tube refractor as the EQ1 it's currently on isn't up to much. Was thinking of then using the EQ1 as a bino mount for my 15x70 bins.

Anyway I digress..........

An ideas on a replacement counterweight rod ?

Suspect that Astro Engineering may be able to help, but they are part of the Scope and Skies/ Pulsar Optics group so there may be hiccups.

Alternatively have one made. Stainless bar with one end reduced and threaded. Assume that someone here can tell you the thread and the main section diameter.

Small engineering Co may help. Juat not sure of the cost.

Its behind the cabinet on the left hand side of the shed:D

LOL ! I'll check there tommorrow then ! ;)

I'll give FLO a buzz and see if the EQ5 replacement rods fit the EQ3 failing that it'll have to be a home made job :)

Thanks for the replies :(

My problem is not a lost counter weight shaft but rather a counter weight shaft that has been attached to my mount for so long (2.5 yrs) that i cant actually detach it from the mount. Luckily i can take the weights off from the other end of the shaft so its not really an issue.

Archived