NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher 7Ah Power Tank Manual?

I've recently bought a 7Ah power tank from a SGL member but he didn't keep the manual. I've checked the Optical Vision Ltd website and although they have downloadable manuals for most Skywatcher products there's nothing for the power tanks.

So does anyone know where you can find it online or maybe have a copy and can scan it and send it?

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Cheers

I've got one of these, and mine never came with a manual.

Mind you, I've now gone to mains power via a Maplins 13.8v Regulated Power Unit, as I found that the Power Tank only runs for an hour or two before running out.

Mind you, I've now gone to mains power via a Maplins 13.8v Regulated Power Unit, as I found that the Power Tank only runs for an hour or two before running out.
lukebl - I know there not the best but I'm only running a RA/DEC motor with it and not full GoTo. It already runs for hours on 4 batteries so I'm basically just saving on the cost of replacing them every so often. :D

Ken - Yes it does all seem straight forward I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any of it's features out. Also to see if there was any recommendations on how often you should be charging it as I've read on other threads that you should always keep them topped up. :)

Cheers

I use a collection of 20Ah gel cell batteries and use them during the day (solar) / night (spectroscope) and when I'm finished just put them back on charge ( use an electronic triple stage charger) and by the next day they are 100% ready to go again.

Ken

Archived