Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

can any one help me

got a celestron 102 SLT got a 9 mm and mead 3000plossl 5mm lense 25 mm wich one is best for locating planets or seeing planets, been told to get a tal for the celestron but clueless,

also my 2nd scope skywatcher 114pm wich is suppose to be a good scope but havent seen anything good as yet,

my celestron read the instructions carefully lined everything up scope went through its motions looking for planets and comstilations,

but lined up still didnt see no planets jus loads of stars, can any one tell me what im doinjg wrong, and yes i am a noooob lol

thanks john skywatcher2

Skywatcher2, if you can you should download a free software package called Stellarium,this will help you to understand what is visable from your location, in the night sky.

Have you any starfinders hooked up to your scopes? If you have'nt you will really struggle to find anything without one. I would also recommend a lower power wide angle eyepiece for when you start your observations.

Hope this helps,

I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on SGL to help you.

Alan

Archived