Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

If i had more money!!

At the end of the day (I hate that phrase but I am going to use it) every increase in aperture is going to result in a better scope. 150 is going to be better than 130. 200 is going to be better than 150. Etc. But you'll either get really into it and upgrade anyway. Or you will decide telescopes are not for you and be glad you didn't spend lots of money.

Buy the best you can afford. The 150 will show you more, but the 130 will still show you plenty.

Ive got the 130p and on a good night the views are spectacular. I chose this scope as my budget was only £300 and I wanted goto. I suspect I will increase in aperture next year though if the powers that be will let me :)

Like you I started with a second hand 130 Explorer as I wanted to make sure that I liked my new hobby rather than spend a fortune on something that would just sit in the shed unused.

I loved it so much that I upgraded my 130 to a 250 dob a year later.

150 will show you more but a 130 will keep your interest flowing until you can upgrade to something like an 8"-10" which will serve you well for a number of years.

Archived