Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

help again lol

I have the WO 90 and am slowly getting the WO SWANS one by one. They are presently around the £60 mark so probably not a good choice if you have around £100.

However it seems that Adler SWANs are supposed to be the same. Oddly they are in different focal lengths. But they are £30 a piece so you could get 3 of them.

However they are sold by Scope and Skies, who have not the best record.

I intend to get the WO ones then pick up say the Adler 8mm and compare that to the WO 9mm. It is worth the £30 to compare two supposidly similar EP's.

Problem I see it that a good EP will cost around the £50-60 mark and with £100 it means just one EP.

TMB have a new range of planetery EP's out, SCS Astro I think, but these are £55 so again over half the budget. But may be worth a thought.

Personally I always go back to the same mags (or very close to them):

40x for large dsos

80x or 120x for smaller ones

120x and 240x for planets

On my scope that would be 30mm, 15mm, 10mm and 5mm. I got some close to that.

You can achieve this with either 4 EPs or 2 good ones and a decent barlow. Really depends on what's your main interest and whether you want widefields or not.

2nd hand EPs are usually in good condition and will allow you to save some cash.

Archived