Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

compression adapter or new focuser

I have a skyliner 250px with the standard crayford focuser which holds the eyepieces with 2 screws that a screwed directly against the ep barrel.

Thought it might be a good idea to replace the standard adapter with compression ones to avoid marks on the ep (plus it seems to be better for the placement of my laser collimator as well).

What kinds of compression adapters (1.25" and 2") could you recommend?

Would it be worth going a small step further, seems the SW 11:1 dual speed focuser comes already with compression rings (although i read a mini review here that thought the 1.25" to tight o be usefull)

Be careful before ordering an adapter. Some of the Skywatcher focusers use a stupid arrangement with their adapters which means you can't just drop a 2" barrel into the focuser. You have to use the 2" adapter provided. Speak to Steve or James at FLO, they can explain.

Also, the hole in the tube cut for your current focuser is too large for the Skywatcher Dual Speed focuser. You have to buy an adapter plate to fit the focuser.

Yes, Skywatcher really are that stupid that they haven't standardised there parts. Especially as their advertising talks about 'drop in replacements'.......yeah right!!!!

Archived