Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good book for beginner

Hello all,

I am new here and would like a little help if you could be so kind :(

I am after a good book that can explain to me what I am looking at/where I should be looking etc, just something for my absolute beginner to read up on. At first I am just going to pick up a pair of binos and try learning the sky myself with a view to getting a decent scope when funds allow. Any amazon links would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Thank you both, it seems that book is the unanimous winner. Had a bit of a look around on what has been said in other threads and seems nothing but good reviews. Shall put in an order now, thank you again.

Before you order have a look at 'Nightwatch' it's a very good book with detailed charts and loads of info about equipment, what to look at and what it is your looking at and is also sort of dew resistant which is very handy when your out at night. It is also a bit more inspiring than Turn Left at Orion which is a good book but is a little bit bland IMO.

Archived