Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Olympus E-1 and Maxim DL

dc509

I've just downloaded the trial version of Maxim DL to see if it would work with my Olympus E-1. Could not get it to work at all - it recognised the camera, could get it to take a trial image but then it spent forever "downloading", with no resultant image hitting the laptop. Does anyone have any experience of this combo? Very reluctant to shell out the huge licence fee for the software if it won't control my DSLR - I tried it on my CCD and that was fine, only the Olympus does not work. Alternatively, anyone come across software that will work with the Olympus (free???!!!???)

Any help much appreciated...

Duncan

Hi. Duncan,

Go here and read the manual on DSLR's It might help.

Look in your Under your programme files for the Diffraction Folder.

In the drop down list, yoiu should have an Olympus directory.

Inside that, a Camera Control Driver. You have to click on it to Install the driver.

Ron.:)

http://www.cyanogen.com/help/maximdl/MaxIm-DL.htm

Ron

Thanks but I had tried all of the things that Maxim recommends. Rather alarmingly, the manual refers to many "quirks" of that camera! got a feeling I'm in for a lot of config pain here..

d

Archived