Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

450D quick comparison of noise levels with 1000D

Psychobilly

Got the modded 450D of Deneb yesterday and let it run overnight taking sequences of darks at ISO800 of 300s, 600s, 1200s, and 1800s allowing 30s between the start of each exposure...

I ran a set of Bias frames this morning...

A quick look in CS3 applying the same stretching to low temp 1000D test frames and the room temp 450D frames shows that the 450D has lower noise levels than the 1000D which is already pretty quiet...

The 450D test were using "normal" in camera batteries and the longer exposures and show some faint glow along the edge of the sensor that would be closest to the battery compartment so I am hoping that this will disappear once I start running of dummy batteries and an external supply...

Bias noise is very low...

So it looks like I will now have two cameras that I will be able to maximise the number of light frames with by leaving short inter sub delays and library darks and bias...

Just got to get both the 1000D and 450D running of the same PC at the same time now....

Time for another look at APT I think... unless two instances of EOS Utils can be run at the same time...

Peter....

I just build my own... waiting form my "body donor" £4.99 super batteries to arrive from eBay I already have a dual ouput supply on the pier just need another dummy LP-E5 for the 2nd DSLR...

Had a busy day today got the 450D and 1000D Both running from the obs PC at the same time (using a combination of APT and EOS Utils) and eveything tested on the active USB leads which now go from the pc to the mount in an attempt to tidy things up...

Also got the Netbook setup on wireless to monitor/run eveything through the OBS PC which is on mains network adaptors...

Peter...

Archived