NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help - Nikon Coolpix 990 & afocal adaptors??

Hi all,

A co-workers has been kind enough to lend me [permanatly :wink:] a Nikon coolpixs 990. I've managed to take a few pics of the moon and a few not so good ones of Jupiter & co. I've done a bit of reading up, but am still a bit confused as to what adaptors 28mm T, extensions etc that I need?

Am working on so tight a budget, you would not believe :laugh: So the cheaper the options the better, plus at some point the camera will have to go back, hence not wanting to over do the spending. Unfortunatly most of the items e.g. 'Digimax T 40' @ £120, are out of my range, plus do I need it??

If somebody could explain what I actually need, even if it is expensive, it would be much appreciated. Just so I get it all straight in my head. :wink:

Thanks.

James

Hi James,

Telescope Service in Germany sell all you need (which is one adapter and a cheapy eyepiece with pull off eye cup). I can help you out with a suitable eyepiece or two (very cheap). Here's a link to their digital camera adapters. All you are looking for is the M28 adapter which only costs €39 or £25ish. Here's a pic of what to look for when scrolling down:

post-12650-133877321819_thumb.jpg

post-12650-133877321825_thumb.jpg

James

I use the ADAP-T system on my Nikon 5400 and its rock solid.

The convertor for mine was a lot more expensive than the one

for your camera (wider lens assy.)

If you go that route, ring Telescope House and double check

what convertor bits you would need.

Just to let you all know, that I got the two components AC521 & AC530 from www.telescopehouse.co.uk . Total came to £33.98 [no fee for P&P :wink:]. All fits a treat.

Had to phone, as online wouldn't connect [my end], and spoke to Rob. First thing he did was check if my on-line order had gone through! Now that's service! :salute: Before taking my details. This was AM on Tuesday, and the adaptors arrived this morning [to work].

[move]HIGHLY RECOMENDED![/move]

James

Nice one James 8)

Just a tip worth noting.

The ring that fits round the eyepiece groove....

Make sure the grub screws are tight (not too mad), if not, the

eyepiece will spin when your trying to disassemble the ring

from the adaptor.

Devils own job after that (guess who's done it already :laugh:)

Great bit of kit and you should be rock solid now for taking some great images :wink:

Archived