NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Turn your camera lens into a grab and go

themos

A nice idea but a rather expensive way of making a scope. At £1050 for a Canon 300 F4 lens, much cheaper and better to buy a telescope. It is although a solution to mounting a guide camera on a camera lens (QHY5 or similar) to act as a guidescope. I used a similar arrangement to convert an old Sigma 400mm - Canon fit lens to act as a cheap guidescope and it works a treat.

Brendan

A nice idea but a rather expensive way of making a scope. At £1050 for a Canon 300 F4 lens, much cheaper and better to buy a telescope.

Brendan

so can you find me a high quality f4 refractor that can do imaging as well as visual for <1000???

I dont think themos was suggesting that anyone buy a canon lens for the purpose.. but asked if anyone had a suitable lens already...

and it is as a 'secondary' grab and go solution rather than a primary setup...

My worry would be that the rear lens covers are often not too tight a fit.. so half decent ep's are at risk... but some duct tape could cover that.

Thanks for the link themos, something I have 'toyed' with myself.

Steve

Archived