Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MoonFest @ Alton, Hants 21st March 2010

From 7pm-10pm join HantsAstro in this free public event on the Butts Green in Alton. We will be observing several objects as well as the Moon and will have some large (16") telescopes to look through for those deep sky objects.

Anyone willing to help out, will also be kitted out in funky (?) dayglo yellow! Either way bring along a telescope. Free Moon maps are also available to all visitors.

The French Horn is opposite the green if you get hungry or thirsty!

Last year was great with over 160 people attending!

For more details please visit our MoonFest page and download a poster! HantsAstro - MoonFest Free Astronomy in Hampshire

To read more about our MoonFests please download out latest copy of Look Up! March 2010 (P8-9)

Look Up! | Look Up! The UK's premier Astronomy eZine

or online page flip... Look Up!

PM if you want to help out, thanks.

See you there!

Dave Woods

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yeti,

It went really, really well. The skies were crystal clear until 11pm and it was a bit heart-in-mouth due to the bad weather for two days before. I think we were the only public outreach event in Hampshire that night. It was a gamble and luckily for the 150+ visitors that night. Several visitors brought their own telescopes.

I think we would have had more people but the weather was soo good, we couldn't quite believe it ourselves. No matter, those that came had a great time, so I'd be happy if just a dozen turned up. It's what our groups was built for...

We're trying to organising one more, near Petersfield Hants, if we can get it set up in time for 18th April.

Dave

Archived