NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M67 modded 300d 250px

tooth_dr

First night trying some deep sky stuff from the obs. Absolute pita, nothing would work, phd kept crashing, then couldn't get calibration, then memory card was full, wrong com ports, etc, etc. I wanted to try a galaxy last night but settled for an open cluster as I needed a bright guide star - PHD wouldn't let the LX mode work, even though I tested it last week and all was 100% fine so basically guiding with a toucam. Then the clouds rolled in after 90 minutes of getting it all to work.

Still, 2hours in 300s subs at ISO 400, 300d on 250px. At least the guiding seems reasonable I think. Lots of high thin cloud so gave up at midnight (just as well though as the Moon was rising too!)

M67-web.jpg

OK some edge coma but the cluster looks good. Maybe a bit greenish?

Well done for hanging on during a bad night. I'm guilty of having got the sulks on my last bad one. I decided it was Fireside O'clock and Beer O'clock...

Olly

Thanks Olly - I just dug in and stuck at it, was very close to giving up tho.

I processed it on my laptop, and I'm on the PC in the obs now, and it does look a little green! Damn screen variation.

Thanks Olly - I just dug in and stuck at it, was very close to giving up tho.

I processed it on my laptop, and I'm on the PC in the obs now, and it does look a little green! Damn screen variation.

Been there too - instant gratification!:headbang: Got the data, got to get stuck into the processing asap and get a result on screen.

Archived