Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Teleskop-Service Filters

david o

Hi there, :(

I've got some questions about the 2" Premium UHC & Premium O-III filters from TS.

How well do they perform? What's the quality like?

Is there anyone who has, or has used, them? What are your thoughts about them?

How do they compare to the equivalent filters from, say, Orion (USA)? Are they re-branded GSO items?

More importantly would a newbie like me get any real benefit from them? :)

Thanks!

I had a TS UHC for a while and found it worked pretty well - I later changed to an Orion Ultrablock and could see very little, if any, difference in the views provided so my conclusion is that the TS UHC is a decent quality narrowband filter. They help bring out the contrast in nebulae, especially planetary nebulae, at the expense of dimming the background stars a bit. I've no idea who makes them although the one I had bore more than a passing resemblence to the Skywatcher UHC filter so it would not surprise me if they came from the same source.

the one I had bore more than a passing resemblence to the Skywatcher UHC filter so it would not surprise me if they came from the same source.

Yes, suspiciously similar (the pictures of the ones shown in the links are 1.25" and look the same). I can't see how it would be cheaper to buy those from TS than the SW ones from FLO.

Archived