NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help with flip mirror

recently aquired a flip mirror but not certain where to but the barlow in the line up.

is it option

1. telescope, barlow, flip mirror, webcam

2. telescope, flip mirror, barlow, webcam

aslo as the wecam is further back from the telescope will this increase the image scale.

thanks for the help

Rob

1. telescope, barlow, flip mirror, webcam

2. telescope, flip mirror, barlow, webcam

Either will do but the first will change the image scale. (Unless you're using one of the Powermates!)

Personally I always put the barlow right next to the camera so I know what the magnification is. You can use a short focus or crosshair EP in the alternate branch of the flip mirror to aid centering.

Edit: Just to point out that I don't actually use a flip mirror any more, I prefer the accurately aligned finder technique of persuading the planet onto the CCD chip.

many thanks Brian, i tried accurate polar aligning but as soon as i get above a 3x barlow i lose the image and then spend ages trying to locate it again so i thought i would try out this method to hopefully to save me alot of time, then when my polar alignment becomes better over time i`ll resort back

Which flip mirror do you have? One that screws onto the SCT thread or a 1.25 or 2" version.

I use the Meade flip mirror on the rear cell of the 8"/ 10"/ 12" Lx200 and then mount everything else behind it. That way the filters etc are behind the "flip" making the view easier. You may need a couple of extension tubes to get the focus correct ( a bit like the issues with an OAG!!)

Ken

it`s the true technology one i bought off you a couple of days ago Ken, just need help in attaching it to the rear cell of my 6" sct scope, i`ve got an extension tube that fits the rear of the mirror that i had lying around for ages and it fits purfectly allowing me to add the webcam to it, but i`ve no idea what adapter i need to secure it to the scope, i`ve e-mailed FLO but as of yet no responce to my e-mail.

here are a few pics to help if anyone got any ideas what i need.

post-15805-133877428025_thumb.jpg

post-15805-133877428033_thumb.jpg

post-15805-133877428041_thumb.jpg

Archived