Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

site of ob

I am furiously jealous!

me too as the land actually belongs to my partner ( tracey ) who has the deeds, the looks and the absolute final word on all that apears on her land. i was lucky though as trace signed off on it with only one condition........ that i build decking and errect a mongolian yurt that she`s wanted and saved for years for. the yurt has a wood burner in the center and is 16ft diameter..... i feel a star party comming in he future:headbang:

john

me too as the land actually belongs to my partner ( tracey ) who has the deeds, the looks and the absolute final word on all that apears on her land. i was lucky though as trace signed off on it with only one condition........ that i build decking and errect a mongolian yurt that she`s wanted and saved for years for. the yurt has a wood burner in the center and is 16ft diameter..... i feel a star party comming in he future:headbang:

john

A yurt? That is awesome. I spent a good deal of time researching them on the web the other night - turns out we (my family) haven't really got the aspect or climate for a yurt to last that long outdoors (lots of rain, etc)

YOU MUST have a star party!!! Those 16 footers are surprisingly spacious - are you buying a kit or starting from scratch?

You've got yourself the dream home there, with a potential yurt and an Observatory.........;)

Please post progress pics, I'm definetely interested.

YOU MUST have a star party!!! Those 16 footers are surprisingly spacious - are you buying a kit or starting from scratch?

Please post progress pics, I'm definetely interested.

hi beula, tracey (my partner) has already bought the yurt, its too big to go get so they will deliver it when i`ve put the decking down. its in kit form and comes with dvd instructions on how to build it. i`m looking forward to doing it. for the decking i`m going to a reclamation yard. i`ll use old roof joists for the framework and scafolding planks for the floor. i priced up a 20 x 20ft area with actual deckung material amd it all came to about £600 ;). but doing it with reclaimed timbre came to £250....better deal and it will be more solid a sructure. the concrete for the ob is very cheap compared to the wood.

i will post pics as i go. being new to forum stuff, i dont know if a blogg would be a better way to post the pics or not, what do you think?

work starts today and i`m realy excited about it ;)

i`ve never been to a star party, what would i need to make sure everyone is happy throughout the night? maybie a big fan to blow away the clouds?

TK, john

Looks like you could do with a few security lights there, good big bright one's.

Seriously though, great place for a star party, where is is?

John

herefordshire, on the border between Wales and England. I cant be more specific as my partner worries as we have four horses on the land and have had some horse thieves in the area ;).... when the time comes i`ll pm you with the location if you would like to come?

john

i`ve never been to a star party, what would i need to make sure everyone is happy throughout the night? maybie a big fan to blow away the clouds?

TK, john

You don't need much. We'd bring our own flasks (coffee ;)) and scopes!! And tents! ;)

All we need is a clear sky.

I'd say post in The Lounge part of the forum, regarding the Yurt (and the obs!)...we talk about all sorts in there. :p

I was talking to a work colleague about the possibility of building a cheap obs and he mentioned he used to have a rotating base octagonal summerhouse!! Now that has given me some ideas.....:)

Archived