Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Bash at Mars

CrazyMike

Finally had a clear sky. Wanted to test my hacked appart logitech quickcam pro 9000 (was a rather scary enerprise and required a bodge or 2).

Focus seems slightly out, hard to get right as my mount doesnt track, defo need more practice, lols

mars2.jpg

Hi CrazyMike, looks like some good potential there.. tho maybe you went a bit "crazy" with this one ? ;)

what scope etc did you use? You might trade a smaller size for a clearer image, and with more practise with better focus/tracking you could get some very satisfying images !

;)

better than my first effort, i1ll put it on in a minute but you must promise not to laugh.

what size barlow if any did you use ?

3x barlow

Enlarged the image, it was alot smaller in the origional.

Scope is a skywatcher 150pl i think

Think my mount is a bit wobbly, was in a rush fighting the clids so didnt have time to get it nicely balanced.

Taken using a logitech quickcam pro 9000 i modified, cmos sensor so probably not the best.

A [removed word] without a tracking mount, i moved ahead of the planet a bit, let the scope settle, let the planet drift into view and started recording, lols

mine was with a 2x barlow, couldn`t get the image onto the webcam using a tal 3x barlow as these lense`s seem very small compaired to my 2x.

my scope was a 6" sct

what program did you use to enlarge it ?

when i try to enlarge mine it starts to pixalate alittle

mine was with a 2x barlow, couldn`t get the image onto the webcam using a tal 3x barlow as these lense`s seem very small compaired to my 2x.

my scope was a 6" sct

what program did you use to enlarge it ?

when i try to enlarge mine it starts to pixalate alittle

well i processed the avi in registax, when saving i choose the option to enlarge to 200%

think after this in this case i used windows paint to enlarge it 300% and opended it in gimp to clean it up a little. gimp could probably help with the pixlation, but im sure there are far better programs out there.

I have a nightmare trying to find targets with cam when using a barlow lense. this was the first time i managed. the extra time i spent getting the finder scope really helped, and so now i think i should be able to practis and get more useable data.

Gonna try using wxAstroCapture - Windows and linuX Astronomy Capture to capture next time and my celestron neximage camera

Archived