Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I think I saw the Rosette Nebula

Rusty Strings

I used my new baader OIII filter once I'd found the star cluster at the centre of the nebula and whilst it didn't suddenly leap out at me, there was definately something odd about the texture of space around the stars which faded as I panned the scope either way.

John

Yes, observed it myself with my CPC925 on Tuesday using my f6.3 focal reducer after I saw it mentioned on Sky at Night. Skies on Tuesday were particularly good with excellent transparency. Tried to find it again last night to try and image it with the DSLR, but the sky was no where near as good and I couldn't make it out. The DSLR simply revealed lots of skyglow and a few stars - no sign of the Rosette Nebula!

Brinders

I'm VERY envious. The Rosette must be my favourite object (only seen its nebulosity in images). Ive seen the central stars with my 20x90 bins though. It may have been my imagination but i also thought that there was something strange about the space around what was in my FOV.

I've taken multiple images of the area and had a go at stacking them but as yet.......no neb.

Archived