NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Electric focuser question

I'm on my way back from Astrofest (good to see folks :):-) ). I bought a WO crayford which I plan to use on the C11 and C8. I was also talking to Ian King about the Lakeside electric control and it looks like I'll be able to get remote control for all my scopes for a reasonable price. If I get one control unit I can get a bracket to fit the Megrez 90 with it, then for an extra 30 I get a bracket which I can fit to the WO crayford I bought today And use on both C8 and C11. Apart from the need to rough focus the SCTs first, can anyone see a flaw in my plan?

Thanks

Helen

You would need another motor and coupler as moving the motor from focuser to focuser would not be practical to do regularly.

The maker, Peter is very helpful. He did a made-to-measure bracket for my refractor, with coupler to match. One of the advantages of the Lakeside focuser over most others is the screen allowing position to be read without a connection to a PC being necessary.

My reply was slightly misleading. Peter supplied me with the bespoke bracket and coupler, as a package, for £35. If you drop him an email to ask the price of the motor I think that you will get a quick response. He's an enthusiast and, as I said before, very helpful

Archived