Jump to content

740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Will I or won't I


 Share

Recommended Posts

After several sunny days followed by cloudy nights, today is yet another sunny day. But today the wind is blowing from the south east, rather than the east. So, will I be lucky and get a clear night? And if so, will I be even luckier and not have to run the BOPs, which are all ready and waiting!

One the one hand, I'd love to get some more observing done before I go home on Monday, on the other hand, I want to get the BOP on the wellhead before crew change, as crewchange mid-run is just about the worst scenario........ for both myself and my back to back, who will, no doubt, be suffering from severe vodka poisoning on Monday moroning.

Such a dilemma.......... :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BOP is a BlowOut Preventer, a collection of very BIG valves, designed to seal around pipe and shut off the well bore in the event of a kick from the formation, thus preventing a catestrophic evacuation of well fluids leading to a blowout, which would otherwise destroy the rig and its personel.

Some pics:

http://stargazerslounge.com/lounge/95939-fao-kev-102-42-anyone-else.html

It is my responsability to maintain and oversee the running, retieval and operation of the BOP stack and the rigs tensioning and motion compensation systems.

Edited by yeti monster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.