SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Atik 320e

Tried the 314E and own the 314L...nuff said...?...there's a reason you don't find many E owners from the 314 series and a shed load of L owners (and other 285 chipset cams)...and I do like Atik kit...about to get a 383L+..

Sorry if this does not help much.. could be good Atik usually do belting products.. but the L's usually come out on top

If you want a break in CCD..get a 285 camera...16HR or similar second hand...you'll not regret it

(edit: to add some balance to the force...314E images which impressed me no end..)

http://astronomia_amatorska_seniora.republika.pl/tapety2.html

Nick...

The FLO guys have my name on a 383 mono when they get the first batch..

but just wondering what the other was about...

Still unclear about differences between L and E...

I reckon I could make the 383 work with 1.25 NB filters for my setup, but still browsing..

Plus the SX H18 is on the way as well.

Steve

Pixel size, QE, spectral response.

383L+ should work with 1.25" filters, the 4021 does, but will be good to check at Astrofest against the Atik FW..

H18 as well? or are you still weighing up the options?

Pixel size, QE, spectral response.

383L+ should work with 1.25" filters, the 4021 does, but will be good to check at Astrofest against the Atik FW..

H18 as well? or are you still weighing up the options?

No I think it will be the Atik, if software is good...

but ... and I suppose it is agood thing.. there is suddenly so much choice now.

Steve

Atik software is good... that's the only downside with the SX gear...the software... factor ina copy of Maxim or Astroart to make it sing (or Nebulosity), and the filter wheel sequencing with image capture a doddle...

I have a 320E prototype sitting on my desk in front of me and would already have had an image or two to show you were it not for two ridiculous problems not connected with the camera. Neither of my M42 adapters could be persuaded to depart their respective cameras so I had to order a new one. It disappeared in the post so I tried again. It arrived yesterday. It was too long so I ground it, and part of my finger, down to size. All set I went outside and my computer glitched, refusing to open the capture programme properly. Steve Chambers suggested a problem arising from using multiple screens, as I do, and he was right. But now it is cloudy...

The camera looks good, compact and with small pixels which should work well in a short fast refractor of the type with which any sane beginner should begin. I really am looking forward to giving it a whizz.

Olly

Archived