Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQAlign software.

• 11 months later...

Hi Merlin, I know it's an old thread but here goes.

I finally got my version of EQAlign working last night.

I found it's Polar alignment interface intuitive and easy to use. As for the guiding aspect of it, it was getting quite late but I set off a run of 15 x 2 min ISO 400 of M102 (very poor seeing) using EQAlign to do the guiding.

I'd previously done a PEC analysis run of 20 mins with it too but I'm not sure if it is only for analysis of the PEC or if it actually incorporates it while guiding.

A quick scan of subs showed 6 of the 15 had some drift. That could be down to me having only done one iteration of the PA though. I'm going to refine it and continue to test it out.

After the 30 min run, the guide star had moved a little of centre, again, I'd say6 that's more of a deficiency of my PA than the app.

I do think it's quite nice to have a one stop shop for PA, PEC, GoTo & Guiding. Have you tried it yet?

Also, does anyone know if EQAlign PEC data is used in its guiding algorithm and do you have to manually load the data each session?

I have used it and sometimes the responsiveness drops to near zero, not what you want in the middle of a session. I've used it for its webcam-assisted polar alignment procedure, I don't think I've done guiding with it.

I presume the PEC data it produces can be imported into EQMod?

Not directly - Although it may sound like it, EQALIGN has nothing to do with the EQMOD Project.

Of course I could probably write an EQALIGN import for PECPrep or you never know, perhaps PECPrep's template base import can already be set up to load an EQALIGN file (if its text based)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, the template route would probably work, I'll look onto it some time maybe. In the meantime PHD seems to be able to get me the 5 cycles I need for PECPrep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived