NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

step down rings

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction to get hold of 55-42mm step down ring to suit the revelation camara adaptor, or does anyone have one they no longer need. Also 42-43mm stepdown ring required for different camara.

I think I ahve the next camera up from yours Tommo and I think one option if you can't get hold of the 55-42mm adapter would be to go for a 55-52mm ring and then a 52-42mm which is more common.

Failing that there's that one on Ebay # 55mm to 42mm 0.75mm Adapter Ring T / T2 on eBay (end time 12-Feb-10 17:04:31 GMT)

I phoned a camera shop today about adaters and they said it would take 3 weeks to get the one I wanted...so I think Ebay is the best option!

Hi again Tommo72, hope your getting on alright.

If you have any trouble finding the step down ring these ones are available from Hong Kong, I've bought a few camera bits from Hong Kong and never had any trouble.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/55mm-to-42mm-(Pitch-0.75)-Adapter-Ring-for-T-%2F-T2_W0QQitemZ290370919076QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091117?IMSfp=TL091117177001r19677

Fella's, as always you know your stuff. Have now sourced stepdown rings for both camara's. SlySi84, you've kitted me out for imaging in 3 days, and all for £20. Now if only you could point me in the direction of a 15mm superplossel EP to fit inside the projector !!!!!! again cheers fella's.

Cheers mate, I just got a digiscoping bracket for mine and it's quite hard with the size of my camera to get a good view through the eyepiece,don't know if this will be the same when using the step down rings...Plus as soon as it arrived the clouds followed and I havent been able to use the scope in anger since!

On the plus side I have modded a logitech quickcam 9000 and that's sat ready to start imaging also! So it's back to the old waiting game methinks!

Archived