NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SCT Crayford focuser on ETX 125

Hi Guys,

New scope on the way to me!. I've managed to pickup a special ETX 125 OTA with hand picked optics & Ken Dauzat http://www.kendauzat.net/ mod done . I want to put a SCT Crayford Focuser on it (yes it does have a visual back thread).

Will I be able to focus ok with it (i.e focus travel), with regard to scope focal length?. Yes I know I sold the Skymax 127, but miss it!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rob

:D

Generally the maks and SCT's that use a moving primary mirror to focus have a very large focus travel so i would guess you'll have no problems achieving focus with an SCT/Crayford attached. Some accessories might need you to move the mirror a little perhaps but not many. most eyepieces should have a similar 100mm range

Hi Rob,

I used to have one of these 'scopes with a WO crayford on the back. I used the standard focuser to achieve a 'rough' focus and then used the crayford for 'fine' focussing - never had any problems at all. These are very nice Maks - specially selected optics, apparently...

Lee.

Archived