Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M1 Time again

harry page

Hi

i have managed a few hours on M1 between snow storms and really would like more time on it but not much chance at the moment !

Please forgive the star shapes which is due me playing with my newt , I have removed the secondary and mounted the camera at the front end , the OAG caused some odd shaped stars which was not unexpected so more mods required icon_rolleyes.gif

Image taken with

1) 14 " newt

2) H16 Lum 290 mins

3) sxv m25 180 mins

4) processed in pixinsight

5) Captured with AA4

All comments very welcome

Harry

Anyway for viewing critique

a) slightly wider view

:) crop view

If you look close you can just the shock waves of the pulsar ( Honest)

Full version on my web http://www.harrysastroshed.com/Image%20html/m1.html

post-16736-133877421537_thumb.jpg

post-16736-133877421543_thumb.jpg

I am intrigued by the secondary removal Harry, how did you work out the distances?

The Crab has an unusual look about it, there is certainly plenty of detail in there, assisted no doubt by hdrwt?

On the background, I know you are a big fan of the DBE, would you say the slight appearance of the dusty looking clouds are in fact stardust/flux/etc or just an effect of the processing/masking? I ask because last year I spent a looooooooong time trying to capture a hint of integrated flux, and there was definetly a regular repeated pattern to the 'noise' over the exposures, and there were correlations with the images of IF on the web, but it was the devils own job to try and make anything of it. The results looked a little like the background here. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

I have just taken out the secondry and installed a focuser on the front ( just measured it )

Yes I did use HDR wavlets to reveal the inner core :D

When I stretch the image big time there is a slight uneven background , it might be a flux but I do not know ?

But what I am going to do is attempt a 24 hr exsposure of m81 and m82 with my new 130mm f6 apo triplet and see if I can find it :)

Harry

You'll get the faintest of traces Harry unless you have really dark, transparent skies. I spent in the region of 30 hours all together at f4 and just got a smudge of it.

Worth a shot though to see what PI make of the background.

A convincing and unusual view of the Crab, Harry.

For the integrated flux, have you come across this guy? He has a robotic setup a few Km from my place along, I believe, with Dietmar Hager and the legendary 9 inch TMB folded apo. In fact their observing site is certainly not as good as mine so I really must have a go at this. Any advice welcome!

Olly

Karel Teuwen

Hi

Thanks for looking

I have hdr wavlet the core of m1 to reveal what is going on and I quite liked it , but it seems its not to most peoples taste :)

I have seen that image , but the one I was looking at for guidance is this one done by Jordi ( Pixinsight chum )

APOD: 2008 May 12 - The M81 Galaxy Group Through the Integrated Flux Nebula

The other reason I was going to try this area is that its very high up and in the clearest area of my skies

I think I will struggel as my skies are poo !

I will give it a go with my 130 mm APO and when I get a reducer for my 14" newt ( which will turn it into a f3.75 ) I will try this also

Sounds Like a challange

Harry

Archived