Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette nebula

prokyon

Hi folks!

Unbelievable! I bought the G42 mount in October and yesterday I could use it the first time with the LVI SmartGuider.

The weather was always cloudy or foggy! :D

But yesterday, clear sky again at last!!!!

So I wasted no time with learning how to handle the new mount and controller. I had to make an astrophoto :). For my controller studies I will use the next nights with moonlight.

The conditions were very good. Clear sky and cold (-10°C).

It`s been the first time that I used the off axis pol finder, nice thing!

Here mey result:

Rosette_Nebula_20Jan10.jpg

Canon 350d mod.

Pentax 75 SDHF

11x10 min bei ISO 800

Darks und Flats

DSS und PS

Regards

Werner

Well, that Gemini mount has done its job! Great image.

Honestly I thnk there is more in there to come. Personally the two things I would do first are these;

I would look at Martin B's Star Layer tutorial here on the forum. Having selected the stars work only on on the background and sharpen the nebula. The ionizataion fronts and Bok Globules will jump out.

Secondly., if you have Noel's Actions for Photoshop (very cheap) try using Enhance Local Contrast.

Superb image.

Olly

I would look at Martin B's Star Layer tutorial here on the forum. Having selected the stars work only on on the background and sharpen the nebula. The ionizataion fronts and Bok Globules will jump out.

Hi Olly,

thanks!. I will heed your advice.

cheers

Werner

Archived