NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How Earth Made Us

MickyWay

New series on BBC2 and HD started last night (Tuesday 19th Jan),

and I shall certainly be tuning in next week. We often forget, or I do, that we live on the most spectacular planet of all. This series really does make you appreciate that. If you missed it, check the BBc iPlayer, it's worth seeing the Mexican mine part showing the gypsum chrystal chamber deep within the Earth.

Beats moaning about the weather.....

Regards,

My wife and I watched it last night and it was absolutley fascinating. We spent most of the hour with looks of amazement although when he descended down the well nausea made a sudden appearence.

Brilliant program and cant wait until next week.

Yeah - was very interesting - and very observational on how we've learned to depend upon the natural resources that tend to be available at fault zones.

Nice that it's so up to date to include references to Haiti too...

Looks interesting...

I just installed iPlayer desktop and downloading the episode into iPlayer.

When I download it in iPlayer, can I watch it whenever I want? Or do they only allow me to see it for a certain period of time?

I haven't got any experience with this as I'm not a TV person. We don't even have a telly at home...

Looks interesting...

When I download it in iPlayer, can I watch it whenever I want? Or do they only allow me to see it for a certain period of time?

I haven't got any experience with this as I'm not a TV person. We don't even have a telly at home...

We only watch things on iplayer too. You get a set period of time before and episode expires, and a limit to the amount of watches IIRC.

Looks interesting...

Log onto the BBC website, click on 'iPlayer'. this will direct you to the iPlayer page. Look to the left, and you will see a list of the programs that are available. Click on the program and view or download.

Yes, I found the show on the iPlayer page. I wanted to download it so I can watch it later. The shows have a habit of disappearing off the website rather quickly.

But I just found out that even the download expires after 30 days. WHY???? How does it make a difference to them when I watch the downloaded show?

Archived