Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photos

I have taken some pictures through a celestron 8" with goto with a canon 350d digital camera set on bulb i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to better this. As a beginner i think its not a bad effort though. Any comments would be welcome.

Hopefully the picture has attached.

Mick:o

post-18303-133877421106_thumb.jpg

Hi Mick, this is a good start but the biggest issue is the star trailing. Are you using an equatorial mount or an Alt/Az mount?

If you are using an equatorial mount, be sure that you are accurately polar aligned and that the 'rising' side of the mount is slightly heavier than the 'falling' side - in other words arrange for the motor to be driving all the time with no chance of the system trying to overtake the motor's movement.

Try taking shorter exposures but lots of them and stack them in some free software like Deep Sky Stacker.

Good luck.

Thanks Steve i have an equatorial mount and will try out your suggestions your probably right on the rising and falling side as i know the mount was as near to perfectly polar aligned as possible. However being a bit thick here im not sure what you mean by this. I balance the Scope so that it does not move when unlocked but thats about all i do.

Regards

Mick

Archived